WISH Program (Workforce Initiative Subsidy for Homeownership)
You may be eligible for the WISH program, a four-to-one match up to $22,000, if you buy a Community Land Trust (CLT) home from Newtown. WISH funds are a matching grant from the Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco.
- Must be first-time homebuyer or must not have owned a home in the past three years
- First-time homebuyers or haven't owned a home in the past three years.
- Gross household income must be less than 78% of the HUD Area Median Income. (Click here for the most current income limits)
- Must enroll in Newtown's Homebuyer Assistance Program, which includes an interview with a Housing Counselor to verify eligibility.
- Must complete an approved homebuyer education class. Newtown offers an online class in both English and Spanish.
- Must obtain a fixed-rate loan from a participating lender, where points and lender fees do not exceed 6% of the loan amount.
- Gift funds are allowed; must provide evidence of gift source.
- Must open escrow within one year of enrollment in the WISH Program.
- If the home is sold before the end of the five-year period, the WISH match funds must be repaid on a pro-rated basis.
Fees: $40 non-refundable application fee due with application, plus $500 administration fee at close of escrow.
Complete an application form and submit it to Newtown. Please answer all of the questions and provide all of the information requested. We will review your application and contact you to schedule a meeting with a Newtown Housing Counselor. You can complete and submit the form electronically or you may print it and submit it by mail. Important: You must download and save the form before you fill it out.