WISH Program (Workforce Initiative Subsidy for Homeownership)
You may be eligible for the WISH program, a four-to-one match up to $16,000, if you buy a Community Land Trust (CLT) home from Newtown. WISH funds are a matching grant from the Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco.
- Must buy a CLT home from Newtown.
- First-time homebuyers or haven't owned a home in the past three years.
- Gross household income must be less than 78% of the HUD Area Median Income. For 2019, that means $39,858 for one person, $45,552 for a couple, $51,246 for a family of three, $56,862 for a family of four; $61,464 for a family of five; and $65,988 for a family of six.
- Must enroll in Newtown's Homebuyer Assistance Program, which includes an interview with a Housing Counselor to verify eligibility.
- Must complete an approved homebuyer education class. Newtown offers an online class in both English and Spanish.
- Must obtain a fixed-rate loan from a participating lender, where points and lender fees do not exceed 6% of the loan amount.
- Gift funds are allowed, must provide evidence of funds.
- Must open escrow within one year of enrollment in the WISH Program.
- Must own the home as your primary residence for five years. If the home is sold before the five-year period, the WISH match funds must be repaid on a pro-rated basis.
Fees: $40 non-refundable application fee due with application, plus $500 administration fee at close of escrow.
Complete an application form and submit it to Newtown. Please answer all of the questions and provide all of the information requested. We will review your application and contact you if we have questions and to schedule a meeting with a Newtown Housing Counselor. You can complete and submit the form electronically. Important - before you fill out the form you must download it and save it first.