Online Homebuyer Education
- Do you want to buy your first home, but don't know where to start?
- Did you apply for a loan, but the lender said you needed to take a Homebuyer Education Course?
- Do you need a Homebuyer Education Certificate in order to qualify for a loan or incentive program?
- Are you wondering how you can stop renting and start owning?
Newtown's Online Homebuyer Education Course was developed for homebuyers exactly like you. Exceeding national industry standards, this course provides information you can trust—and the knowledge to make the best decisions for you and your family.
For just $99 for up to two applicants, our online course is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so you can learn wherever and whenever it's convenient for you. You can use a computer, phone, or tablet, and can log in as many times as you need in order to complete the program on your schedule. The course is available in both English and Spanish and includes easy-to-read content with highlighted words, animated videos, and quizzes to make sure that you understand important concepts.
Once you finish, a Certificate of Completion will be emailed to you by 5:00 pm the next business day (excludes holidays and weekends). You can then send it to your lender or first-time homebuyer assistance program to satisfy their education requirements.
You will learn:
- How to decide to buy vs. rent
- Why your credit score matters and how to improve it
- How much you can afford to spend
- How to avoid predatory lenders
- How to choose a real estate agent
- How to shop for a home
- Why to get a home inspection and what to do with the inspection report
- How the closing process works
- What your responsibilities are as a homeowner
Ready to start?
The fee for the class is $99.00 for two applicants. You must enter the names for both applicants when you register for the course.